Pediatrics & Pediatrics Surgery
Centre for Children
Treating kids sensitively since 20 years...
The Department of Pediatrics at the Bhaktivedanta Hospital & Research Institute was started on 11 Jan 1998 under the guidance of Dr N B Kumta, Dr Ajay Sankhe and Dr Sanjay Prabhu. Since then, the department has grown from 4 beds to 35 beds over the years, with the availability of all major pediatric specialties, making it one of the best centers in North Mumbai for neonatal and child healthcare.
The state-of-the-art NICU, PICU and ward facilities available at the Centre help in dealing with any kind of emergency. Our Centre is equipped with 24x7 radiology and pathological services to diagnose and provide round-the-clock support to the patients. Emergency Ambulance services are available to assist sick children at the earliest. We are a tertiary care referral center for hospitals and nursing homes between Borivali to Dahanu for complicated neonatal (NICU) & pediatric cases (PICU), especially for critical patients for multispecialty care under one roof.
Our department manages more than a thousand newborns (including more than hundred premature babies every year) and more than 1500 indoor pediatric patients. The department consists of an experienced team of four dedicated pediatric consultants, 8 pediatric residents and 20 trained pediatric nurses. Our NICU handles premature babies as small as 700 g and 27 weeks of gestation and other newborns with medical, surgical, neurological & cardiac complications with best management protocols, infection control policy and standard of care.
DNB pediatric curriculum was started in June 2019 with a structured and regular academic program. We conduct regular Pediatric CMEs, also engage in conducting research activities and doing regular publications.
Why Choose Us
- Comprised of the best pediatric team in the region from Borivali to Dahanu, providing comprehensive and affordable pediatric care.
- Fully equipped NICU, PICU and Wards facility available at the Centre.
- All major pediatric super specialties are available under one roof in the hospital
- Vaccination facilities available as per IAP schedule with availability of all optional vaccines.
- Emergency Ambulance services and diagnostic services are available 24*7 at the hospital
- Pediatric Teleconsultation services available at the hospital
- High Risk Clinic for infants who are at-risk for long-term morbidities
Technology & Infrastructure
- The department is equipped with the state of art 11-bed NICU with five ventilators, additional CPAP machines, HFOV, phototherapy units, syringe pumps, servo controlled warmer, advanced multipara machines, laminar flow machine for sterile medication preparation.
- The department is backed by a 24x7 in-house blood Bank facility, advanced & fully equipped Lab and radiology services.
- Four-bedded PICU with fully equipped team of doctors and nurses to handle all pediatric complications involving all major pediatric specialties like cardiac, Nephro, Neuro, Endocrinology etc.
- Facilities of portable x-ray, in-house 24-hr sonography, 2D echo, CT scan, all types of pathology and radiology services are available at the center.
- We have the facility of general beds for pediatric patients for non-critical indoor care with provision of toys and television.
- General pediatric OPD
- Pediatric vaccination
- Pediatric Specialty Services
- Pediatric ICU (PICU)
- Newborn Care – NICU
- Pediatric Ward
- High Risk Clinic
- 24x7 emergency pediatric services