Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology
We not only treat psychological illnesses but cater to all aspects of mental health
The Department of Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology at the Bhaktivedanta Hospital & Research Institute has been started since the inception of the hospital. The department has matured to its current state where team of four psychiatrists are catering to around minimum 600 patients in a month. We’re committed to complete psychological well-being of our patients.
The department treats patients through full-fledged psychiatric management, psychological testing and therapies. The Department follows good consultation liaison practices with doctors of other departments which helps it with the medical management along with psychiatric aspects.
Our psychiatrists are available throughout the week for consultation in addition to this, we have indoor facilities for admitting patients at Sheth P V Doshi Hospital (Associate Centre of the hospital). There are 8 beds (4 male and 4 female) available for the psychiatry department.
Our Clinical Psychology team helps individuals to deal with their psychological problems in a positive manner to achieve sound mental health. The assessment includes initial interview, diagnosis and psychometric tests conducted by our well qualified and experienced Clinical Psychologists.
Why Choose Us
- Psychiatrists And Psychologists Are Available Throughout The Week To Assist The Patients
- Admission Of Indoor Psychiatric Patients
- Intradepartmental Coordination To Help The IPD Patients
- Emergency Care Available For Suicidal Or Violent Patients
- We Provide Electroconvulsive Therapy To Our Patients
- Spiritual Counselling For Patients For Holistic Treatment
Technology & Infrastructure
- OPD For Outdoor Patients
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Facilities Available For Emergency Patients
- Facility Of 8 Beds (4 Male And 4 Female Patients) Is Available For Admitting Psychiatric Patients At The Sheth P V Doshi Hospital (Associate Centre Of Bhaktivedanta Hospital & Research Institute)
- Mood disorders like depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, PTSD, etc.
- Personality disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Behavioural problems in mentally challenged and autistic children
We provide acute emergency care for suicidal or violent patients, cases of drug abuse and for those who are confused and delirious.
Counselling and psychotherapies for interpersonal and psychiatric issues. The assessment includes initial interview, diagnosis and psychometric tests
- Psychometric tests like ROR, TAT, MMPI, MCMI
- Personality Inventories
- BGT (Neuro Psychological Test)
- IQ Test
- Relaxation methods
- Patient counselling & guidance
- Family counselling & guidance
- Marriage counselling
- Psycho Diagnostic Tests conducted for children like IQ, Behavioural testing, learning disability test, development testing, etc.
- Special Education