Restoring and improving quality of life of people with physical disabilities
The Rehabilitation Centre at the Bhaktivedanta Hospital & Research Institute provides a wide range of rehabilitation services catering to all ages. The Centre uses a multi-disciplinary approach for rational, scientific evaluation and treatment aimed towards tapping an individual’s maximum potential and achieving the desired output.
The wide range of rehabilitative services available at the Centre helps individuals to overcome their disabilities and restoring their life to normal. The Centre is well equipped with latest technology and equipment to assure holistic treatment of patients.
Our highly experienced experts at the Rehabilitation centre design comprehensive and patient centric treatment plans for effective results.
Why Choose Us
- The Centre focusses extensively on Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy for all ages
- The centre is well-equipped with latest technology and equipment for holistic treatment of patients
- Highly experienced experts to assure effective treatment of patients
Technology & Infrastructure
- Dedicated Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapist Department to ensure patient centric treatment
- The Physiotherapy unit utilises latest techniques including dry needling to treat the orthopaedic and neurodevelopmental patients
- State-of-the-art Orthopaedic Operation Theatre (OT) at par with international standards of sterility, instrumentation and technical support for various high-end Ortho surgeries
- The Occupational Therapy unit is well-equipped with props to ensure kids and adults can recover and restore their life to normal
Orthopaedics & Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Unit
At the Rehabilitation Centre specialists base their interventions on the principles of Movement System Balance (MSB). Maintaining optimal posture and restoring precise movement of specific segments is the key to prevent as well as correct musculoskeletal pain. Adjunct therapies used are:
- Manual Therapy (Maitland, Mulligan, Mckenzie, Muscle Energy Technique, Myofascial Release)
- Electrotherapy (SWD, IFT, TENS, US, PWB, ICT, ILT, eStimulator)
- Exercise Science
- Dry Needling
Other services offered include Complex Orthopaedic Injury Rehab, Antenatal & Postnatal Clinic and Incontinence Clinic.
Adult & Pediatric Neuro Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Unit
The Rehabilitation Centre has been extensively using Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT) approach for individuals with a pathophysiology of the Central Nervous System (CNS), especially children with Cerebral Palsy, and adults with Hemiplegia as well as in cases of Meningomyelocele, Dystrophy and Myopathy. Congenital problems such as Clubfoot, Congenital Hip Dislocation, Torticollis, Multiple Congenital Contractures, Radial Club Hand, Sprengel Shoulder are also treated. In-depth analysis and assessment are done in relation to functional abilities and limitations of the individual. Interdisciplinary team is involved in assessment, treatment planning and application. The overall goal of the treatment is to enhance the individual’s capacity to function, minimise impairments and prevent disabilities. Quality of movement is addressed utilising principles of movement sciences.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Conditions treated include:
- Disorders such as Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Learning Disability
- Cerebral Palsy with fine motor affectation & coordination of hand and eye movement
- Concentration and behavioural problems
- Group sessions to improve
Occupational Therapy for Adults
Conditions treated include:
- Hemiplegia with fine motor affectation and Activities of Daily Living (ADL) difficulty
- Upper extremity weakness
- Co-ordination difficulties